How to create a successful live shopping event
Before the live event
1. Select the products you want to sell through live shopping
Live shopping allows you to add a human touch to the classic eCommerce process by allowing you to go live and showcase your products. One of the things that make it so efficient is that it will help your customers to have a better understanding of your products and their benefits. Identify the products (or services) that you want (and love) to talk about and get to the next step.
2. Create the event in your live shopping platform
Now that you know the products that you want to sell through your live shopping event, proceed and set it up on your platform.
- Add your products and activate them for live shopping. If can either import them from your eCommerce platform or add them manually
- Select the time and date of your shopping session. This way, your audience can register to be notified 15 minutes before the actual start of the session
- Activate the community section and select if you want people to join the chat as anonymous users or to use their social media accounts to log in. You can activate both the “Chat” and “Questions” options. The latter allows fellow viewers to upvote or downvote questions based on their relevance.
- Enable Multicasting. This option allows you to simultaneously send the video stream to your social media account. Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, TikTok, and more – easily connect your accounts to engage your audiences on multiple platforms.
- Embed the live shopping session on your website or use the landing page generated by our platform.
3. Market your live stream shopping event
If you want to host successful sessions, make sure your audiences are well informed. It may seem obvious, but we should all your channels to share the great news. You should share it on social media, send newsletters, and even run paid ads inviting people to join the live experience. Make sure that you offer them as much information as possible, but keep some surprises for the live experience. In your marketing campaign make sure to include the time and date, the URL of the experience, information about the products (or collection), and who will actually host it.
During the live event
4. Engage your audience
One of the things that makes this new way of shopping so efficient is the fact that it enables two-way communication. Unlike traditional eCommerce, live shopping lets your customers interact with you in real-time, ask questions, and get the answers they are looking for. Do your best to ensure that the live experience answers as many existing (and potential) questions as possible, regardless of who actually hosts it.
5. Highlight your products one by one
Although all of your products are available for buying, best practices show us that the best moment for shopping is exactly after you answered a product-related question (or an objection). Our “bump” feature helps you make products even more “shoppable” through a separate layer that is visible to everybody that has joined the experience.
After the live shopping event
6. Dig into the data
Measure the results of your efforts and focus on improving your future shopping events. With our live commerce tool, you can remove the guesswork and measure the results of your work – all through our analytics report.
7. Sell long after the live has ended
Once the live ends, our live shopping app automatically saves a copy of the video in your account. This way, you can use the content to further educate your audiences and sell your products. Even though the live experience sees unmatched conversion rates, the recorded video will continue to bring in customers for as long as you decide to keep the experience embedded into your platform.